Saturday, January 17, 2009

First Item Completed...Bake with Yeast


I baked with yeast at Christmas, technically before my 101 project started. So, maybe I cheated....just a tad! I was working on this 101 list at Christmas time. Since I already had "bake something with yeast" on my list, I guess it's not techinically cheating. Right? Anywoo....I baked homemade Garlic Knots for Christmas dinner. Yes....from scratch....not the freezer kind!

Photo courtesy of Annie's Eats

I found the recipe on a foodie's blog and she was raving about how easy they were. She spoke to my heat when she proclaimed, " often I hear of people saying that they are intimidated by working with yeast. I don’t understand this, as it is just the same as following any other recipe, but if you are one of those people, get over your fear! I think this recipe would be an excellent one for a first-time bread baker." I was one of those poeple fearful of small packet of yeast, but I decided to give it a try.

I wasn't disappointed. They were easy and delicious. I love the garlic glaze.....yummmm! I just have to work on the timing a bit....we only have one avacado green oven, so cooking a roast and bread at the same time is hard. I left the rolls rise slightly too long. They were still good, but just got really big.

I've become addicted to food blogs and have subscribed to a number of them in my Google reader. If you are interested, check out this blog....I've made a handful of recipes from here and none of them have disappointed: http://annieseats.wordpress.com/

You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment